Click here and access our Alpiri® Powerpoints and Training Materials for Free - you will need to register with Groupsite
What is Person Centred Care? How does Person Centred Care link with Emotion Coaching?
The core principles we are working from are:
- responsive relationships and positive experiences build sturdy brain architecture and promote healthy development, starting before birth and during infancy
- toxic stress disrupts the developing brain and other biological systems with lifelong consequences for learning, behaviour and health (more likely to have heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, addiction)
- the foundations of resilience can be strengthened in young children through reciprocal 'serve and return' interactions that scaffold the life skills of self-regulation, emotion regulation and executive function
As adults around children in schools and communities we have the opportunity to model responsive relationships and scaffold life skills and to identify toxic stress (safeguarding).
In order to do this effectively we need to first build our own self regulation and executive function skills. In our training we use ( for example) - The Hand Model metaphor, Mindful Exercises, River of Wellbeing, Family of Origin Exercise.
The training draws on resources put together by Tuning in to Kids in Melbourne as well as research by key American thinkers- Jack Shonkoff, Dan Siegel and John Gottman. We have brought together the essence of their work and created a short psycho-social behavioural change intervention which is easy to teach and reproducible. The content for the One Day Introduction can be found within our free e learning modules.
Consultation- Dr Sarah Temple- Finding bespoke solutions, working with Individual Schools
Coaching and Supervision -coaching and supervision for school staff and families on a one to one or group basis from £40 an hour. Video link or Face to Face.
Training to cascade:
Two half day workshops developing empathy, self regulation, emotion regulation and executive function skills with opportunity for Learners to practice these skills between workshops. Discussion of the evidence base for this approach and how the 3 Principles to Improve Outcomes for Children and Families can fit into a whole school approach to resilience. Two group on line video conference sessions between workshops. Maximum 20 Learners. Training room provided by the host school. Two Facilitators.
One whole day workshop - same content but more economical for Schools a long distance from Dorset.
There is also the option to attend a two day workshop training to run Tuning in to Teens Parenting Groups. Attending these groups helps embed understanding of Mindful Emotion Coaching and running a Parent Support Group at least once a year is a good way of staying in touch with the theory and resources. Tuning in to Teens is a copy righted, manualised and evidence based Parenting Programme developed in The Mindful Centre, Melbourne, Australia.
Our training model is one of cascading from early on and we offer support in various ways:
- one to one or group coaching - on line using video conferencing
- access to and use of our training powerpoints
- free log in to our e-learning portal www.emotionintelligence.co.uk
- free log in to our Interactive Website (automatic registration process) www.mindfulemotioncoaching.co.uk
In addition we offer top up video coaching and INSET.
Comments from Learners:
- interesting and hugely beneficial
- the course reinforced best practice and gave up to date information on neuroscience
- I have used this directly with a 1:1 child and usd the hand model with parents as a tol to help explain what happens when their chid 'flips their lid'
- good tool, straightforward phrases, really useful!
- a much needed training day, well delivered and easy to engage with
Putting Mindful Emotion Coaching at the heart of Person Centered Practice or PCP