Sue has worked within adult services for 38 years as a social worker, mental health approved social worker, senior pratitioner and service manager. She held responsibility for re integration of mental health services from a Health organisation back into the Local Authority and for successful service re design. She has managed a Learning Difficulty Service. She has extensive knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1983, 2007 , the NHS and Community Care Act and the Mental Capacity Act.
Sue's key strengths are:
- Skilled transformational manager engaging multi-agency professionals for safe and effective service delivery
- Able to use data to support effective performance management and quality assurance
- Complex project management
- Adult safeguarding
- Experience of the Mental Health and Mental Capacity Acts
- Community Care Act
- Implementation of personalisation
- Finance and budget management
- Change management
As a senior manager within a Local Authority Sue presents to staff councillors and directors on issues such as service redesign, performance management, budgets, skills audits and adult safeguarding. She joint chairs a Team Manager Transformation Meeting which involves all team managers accross adult social care, delivering clear and concise information to the group on the changes within the department and how this impacts on service delivery.