Young people in transition
Published: January, 2014
- Services should designate a key worker or lead professional, for instance a nurse, to work with a young person to plan the transition
- Services need to be flexible and based on the needs of the young person, rather than focused on the needs of the service
- There should be a shared protocol between children’s and adult’s services, to ensure the transition appears as seamless as possible to the young person
- All staff working with young people and young adults should receive specific training to facilitate the transition between services
- Young people should receive support and education to prepare them to cope with the transition.