All Emotions are OK
Click here to book your place at an 'All Emotions are OK' webinar for parents and carers led by Dr Sarah Temple. Sarah is a GP in Somerset with a special interest in neurodevelopment. She more than 30 years experience working with children, young people and families both within General Practice and Mental Health Services.
Each training session will be 3 and a half hours long (half a day). The first part of the session will be flexi learning with online resources provided. You can do this at a different time if you prefer. You will then join Dr Sarah Temple and her colleagues in a Live Event for the final 2 hours of the session where you will have the opportunity to ask questions through a Q&A.
You should have received the URL for the Live Event by email at least a week before the event. The key links fpr the pre-webinar learning are listed here and below them you will see the video clips you need to watch before joining Sarah and her team. These video clips will NOT be streamed during the webinar.
- video of Sarah talking through the 'All Emotions are OK' powerpoint - hot off the press (July 8th) Professor David Eagleman has removed the video clips we have been using from You Tube. I have therefore added some different ones.
- pdf of powerpoint
- Early Years Activities
- Relationship Styles
- Talking Therapies
- Emotion Words
- Family Wellness Coaching
- Option to provide comments and feedback about All Emotions are OK
Unless you have been invited as a presenter, you will enter the Live Event as an anonymous attendee so please click this option (rather than sign up or join). In addition the platform works best with Chrome or Edge so if you are using a different browser you may need to change. Android phones don't appear to be able to connect at all. Some LA employees are finding that they have to cut and paste the URL into the browser rather than clicking direct.
1. Mindful moments
2. Inside Out is a great conversation starter
3. Daniel J. Siegel talking about The Hand Model - please go to www.thehandmodel.co.uk for different interpretations of Dan Siegel's metaphor
4. Amy's version of The Hand Model
5. David Eagleman's clips are no longer available on You Tube (July 8th 2021). This is a clip of Lucy Howard (blogger) talking about how she found the My First Emotions board books useful when her children were small.
6. John Gottman's video clips are mostly only available through The Gottman Institute. This one is on You Tube and free for us all to access
7. Another lovely clip from Inside Out- this time showing Emotion Coaching sadness (versus Emotion Dismissing)
8. The most popular video clip of all
Want to find out more? Take a look at Hand outs and videos for the second of this series and think about joining our learning community.